* A loan of up to $150,000 at 1% interest to rehabilitate or replace primary residence. Tribal members age 62 years and older receive this assistance in the form of a grant.
* A grant to assist Native Americans who want to perform renovation, rehabilitation, and/or new construction of their primary residence; YIHA shall maintain a note of deed for 5 years on the property.
Elder Emergency Assistance
* Assists Tribal Elder Homeowners (62+) with heating, air conditioning, or air purification units, and/or with handicap improvements, as necessary. Total amount cannot exceed $4999.99.
Low-Income Rental Program
* Assists families with rental housing owned by YIHA. Required monthly rental payments are based on a maximum of 30% of the household's adjusted gross annual income. Applicants are screened by criminal background investigation. NO PETS ALLOWED. Should consider renters insurance for your protection.
Student Rental Housing Assistance
* Assists full-time students with the opportunity of attending school while residing in a safe and affordable housing. Rent cannot exceed 30% of income and G.P.A. must be 2.5 or higher. YIHA cannot assist if you are currently on HUD Section 8 or in subsidized housing. Student housing is available at the Union Green Complex in Eureka only. Should consider renters insurance for your protection.
Home Ownership Programs:
* Provides the opportunity to achieve home ownership in the form of a "Lease to Own" Agreement.This consists of a loan at a fixed 1% interest rate. Applicants are screened by criminal background investigation. Should consider renters insurance for your protection.
Down Payment Assistance
* Assists Tribal members with a 20% down payment of the purchase price of a home, not to exceed $50,000 max to include closing costs. This program is for first time home buyers.
Section 184 Loan
* The purpose of this program is to help meet the housing needs of all Yurok Tribal Members who live within the counties of Humboldt, Del Norte, Mendocino, Trinity, Siskiyou and Shasta. This program is for assisting with completion of the paperwork only. Should consider renters insurance for your protection.
Homebuyer Education Course
* In order to receive a Homebuyer Education Certificate, please review the Pathways Home Curriculum and complete all Module Quizzes. You can submit your completed Module Quizzes to YIHA by email, fax, mail or hand delivery. A certificate will be issued upon completion. If you have any questions regarding the Homebuyer Education Course, please contact Program Operations Staff.
Weatherization & Foreclosure Prevention Assistance Programs Also Available. Ask for details
*For more information about our programs, please contact us at (707) 482-1506; (800) 281-4749
* CDFI loans allow for loans to potentially help any Yurok tribal member with a wide range of issues including: home Purchasing, Construction, Rehabilitation, and improvements, Small business loans and Credit building.
YUROK INDIAN HOUSING AUTHORITY
© Copyright 2002 Yurok Indian Housing Authority All rights reserved.